One of the best places to learn about Mayan civilization and archaeology, the Mayan Museum of Cancun plays host to one of the country’s most important collections of Mayan artifacts, including pieces from Palenque, Chichén Itzá, and Comalcalco. Most people visit the state-of-the-art building as part of a Cancun city tour or independently. However you visit, make sure to stop by the adjoining gardens and ruins of San Miguelito, too.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Mayan Museum of Cancun is the first museum of its kind in the city, making it a must-see for history buffs in the region.
There’s a small admission fee to enter.
Signage is available in Spanish and English.
There’s an on-site gift shop, bookstore, café, bag storage, and restrooms.
The Mayan Museum of Cancun is accessible for wheelchair users, thanks to ramps and elevators throughout.
How to Get There
The Mayan Museum of Cancun is located at the heart of Cancun’s Hotel Zone, making it easy to reach on foot from select hotels in the area. Alternatively, it’s easy to get there by taxi or bus; make sure to agree on a price before getting into taxis in the area.
When to Get There
The Mayan Museum of Cancun is typically open Tuesday through Sunday, from 9am to 6pm. Last entry is always 30 minutes prior to closing. The best time to visit is early in the morning or in the early afternoon, when the museum offers a respite from Cancun’s midday heat.
Archaeology Across Mexico
Undoubtedly the best-known, largest, and most-visited museum in Mexico is Mexico City’s National Anthropology Museum, where you can learn about the country's pre-Hispanic cultures. This vast edifice occupies a swath of Chapultepec Park and is filled with artifacts from states and civilizations across Mexico. Highlights include the Aztec Sunstone—the design of which graces the Mexican Ps. 10 coin—and a replica of Moctezuma’s feathered headdress.
- Aktivitäten in Riviera Maya & Yucatán
- Aktivitäten in Playa del Carmen
- Aktivitäten in Cozumel
- Aktivitäten in Tulum
- Aktivitäten in Costa Maya
- Aktivitäten in Mérida
- Aktivitäten in Ambergris Caye
- Aktivitäten in Belize City
- Aktivitäten in Hopkins
- Aktivitäten in Grand Cayman
- Aktivitäten in San Pedro Sula
- Aktivitäten in Neapel
- Aktivitäten in Sarasota
- Aktivitäten in The Cayes
- Aktivitäten in Zentrales Hochland von Guatemala
- Dolphin Beach (Playa Delfines)
- Hotelzone Cancun (Avenida Kukulkan)
- Interaktives Aquarium Cancun
- Cancun Wachsmuseum (Museo de Cera Cancún)
- La Isla Einkaufszentrum
- Ventura Park
- Unterwassermuseum von Cancún (Museo Subacuático de Arte)
- Mandala Nachtclub
- Kapitän Hook Cancun
- Cancun Scenic Tower (Torre Escénica)
- Jolly Roger Piratenschiff
- Cenote Nohoch Nah Chich
- Archäologische Zone El Rey (Zona Arqueológica El Rey)
- VIP-Lounge des Flughafens Cancun
- Cancun Christus der König Kirche (Iglesia de Cristo Rey)