Palast der Börse (Palácio da Bolsa)
A stop outside of the Palace of the Stock Exchange features on most Porto sightseeing tours, particularly those of the Old Town, however, a tour of the interior is not always a given; ensure your tour includes an interior visit if you’re keen to admire elaborate ballrooms and stone staircases. Some Palace of the Stock Exchange tours also include a cruise on the Douro River and a visit to the historic wine cellars.
Things to know before you go
- The Palace of the Stock Exchange (Palácio da Bolsa) is a significant historic sight in Porto’s Old Town, therefore a must-see.
- The popularity of the palace means that admission tickets often sell out, so book ahead to avoid disappointment.
- The obligatory guided tour lasts around 45 minutes and is available in Portuguese, Spanish, French, and English.
- Wheelchairs and strollers can access the palace.
How to get there
The palace is open to visitors between 9am-1pm and 2-5:30pm October to March, and between 9am-6:30pm April through October. You can admire the exterior of the place at any time of day, but for the most magical views then visit during the early evening when it's illuminated.
When to get there
The Palace of the Stock Exchange is located on Rua de Ferreira Borges in Porto’s historic center, and is a 5-minute walk from the famous Ribeira waterfront district. If you’re taking the tram, disembark at the Infante stop on Linha 1—which travels a scenic route along the Douro river—or take buses 10, 900, 901, or 906 to the Ribeira stop.
Inside the Palace
Highlights of the palace interior include the Nations’ Room, with its collection of international flags, exquisite parquet floors, and a grand staircase adorned with chandeliers but the undisputed star attraction is the Arabian Room, where arabesque décor and gilded pillars are reminiscent of the UNESCO-listed Alhambra Palace in Granada; music concerts are held here throughout the year.
- Aktivitäten in Nördliches Portugal
- Aktivitäten in Braga
- Aktivitäten in Peso Da Regua
- Aktivitäten in Coimbra
- Aktivitäten in Vigo
- Aktivitäten in Santiago de Compostela
- Aktivitäten in La Coruna
- Aktivitäten in Sintra
- Aktivitäten in Lissabon
- Aktivitäten in Cascais
- Aktivitäten in Madrid
- Aktivitäten in Portimao
- Aktivitäten in Sevilla
- Aktivitäten in Beiras
- Aktivitäten in Galicien
- Kirche von São Francisco (Igreja de São Francisco)
- Museum Unserer Lieben Frau der Barmherzigkeit von Porto (Museu da Misericórdia do Porto)
- Kathedrale von Porto (Sé Catedral do Porto)
- Clérigos Kirche und Turm (Torre & Igreja dos Clérigos)
- Ponte de Dom Luís I
- Porto Calem Weinkeller
- Liberdade-Platz (Praça da Liberdade)
- Avenida dos Aliados
- Rua Santa Catarina
- Casa da Música
- Porto Bridge Climb
- Serralves Museum (Fundação de Serralves)
- SEA LIFE® Porto
- Matosinhos Beach